Intersex Community Forums | Bodies Like Ours  

Go Back   Intersex Community Forums | Bodies Like Ours > Klinefelters/XXY > Klinefelters/XXY

Old 03-13-12, 09:37 PM

World on shoulders

I seem to carry the hole world on my shoulders thats a fact . Thats why i come visit this sight to keep on keeping them busy. So i stay to keep um busy . Slowly trying to come off zanax and try to carry the world without it that stuff is something i know i need it . But i dont know what to do . I should take it for nerves but should i quit it ? It does lower bp im tired of goig to get these from gp. Theres only a few that carry the world on there shoulders.
Old 03-13-12, 10:10 PM
CAH 11b

A good way to lower your blood pressure is to measure and then carefully and slowly, reduce the sodium content in your diet. And then once you have some decrease in your BP you can worry about changing other things. My chronic high blood pressure is entirely controlled by a very low sodium diet, lasix, spironolactone (potassium-sparing diuretic) and my CAH steroid replacement therapy.

Getting some blood analysis of your electrolytes (sodium, chloride and potassium) will tell whether your diet is contributing to your blood pressure.
Old 03-14-12, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisev View Post
a good way to lower your blood pressure is to measure and then carefully and slowly, reduce the sodium content in your diet. And then once you have some decrease in your bp you can worry about changing other things. My chronic high blood pressure is entirely controlled by a very low sodium diet, lasix, spironolactone (potassium-sparing diuretic) and my cah steroid replacement therapy.

Getting some blood analysis of your electrolytes (sodium, chloride and potassium) will tell whether your diet is contributing to your blood pressure.
hi louisev what exactly is lasix if you have good cholesteol you can still get high bp right . Yeah i try to watch salt its in everything , exept veggies
Old 03-14-12, 09:58 PM
CAH 11b

i really couldn't tell you, since my hypertension is caused by elevated 11-deoxycortisol and 11-deoxycorticosterone in my adrenal disorder.

i also have severely low cholesterol.
Old 03-15-12, 04:20 AM
Nutrition Geek

Unless you have a specific electrolyte imbalance, low sodium diets will NOT help high blood pressure. In fact it might make it way worse in some cases. There have been 58 clinical trials of low sodium diets, as far as I know, and the compounded results of these trials clearly show zero link between salt and blood pressure. Low sodium also makes it harder to lose weight and increases risk of cardiovascular diseases.

You know what really does increase blood pressure ? Fructose: when metabolised by your liver it increases your blood's uric acid content, which forces your kidney to reduce your blood sodium content in order to keep its acid-base balance.
Stress, very obviously, through the surrenal hormones' effects.
And your potassium-sodium ratio too.
Old 03-15-12, 11:48 PM
CAH 11b

i might point out, M-A, that 'normals' have functioning adreno-pituitary systems, and under normal conditions, increased sodium intake is offset by other mitochondrial enzymes and regulated by the release adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH). This is NOT true in CAH, and is not true in other androgen disorders, which make up a very large proportion of intersex conditions.

Another factor arguing against the results of your study is that a very high-sodium diet is prevalent in the USA, much higher than in other countries where you actually have farms and fresh food. When i was in Germany the sodium content of my food was naturally much lower than it is in the US. And dietary deficiencies in potassium, calcium, magnesium, and trace minerals are at epidemic levels. There are many contributors to hypertension, and diet is a big one.