Intersex Community Forums | Bodies Like Ours  

Go Back   Intersex Community Forums | Bodies Like Ours > Bodies Like Ours > General Health Issues

General Health Issues Have a question that may not fit into other forums? Here is the place to ask questions and learn.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-12, 07:54 PM
Poser Posse

Ask your Doctor if you have MGD

Hi Xelishiken,

So, since you can have a period, but only if you take hormones, that sounds like you have a uterus but not functioning ovaries. So, I would have to take back what I said about a period meaning you must have a 46XX karyotype.

It is possible you have this condition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_gonadal_dysgenesis

Puberty can be fully masculinizing, or weakly masculinizing, or not happen; it is almost never feminizing. There are sometimes tell-tale signs of MGD, which are basically, the same as the signs of Turner syndrome but often less pronounced.

See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turner_syndrome

So, your gender therapist may be on the right track to suggest this could be a chromosomal issue. It would make sense to bring his possibility up with a physician.

You wrote,

Quote:
I can't find my records... My mother supposedly gave it to the Primary that I saw until I was 18 and they probably destroyed my records about a year ago
It would be worth it to check, just in case the information you are seeking is in those records. If you were still in your teens, they would possibly have not told you as much as they knew or suspected.

Friendly