Intersex Community Forums | Bodies Like Ours  

Go Back   Intersex Community Forums | Bodies Like Ours > Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia > General CAH Forum

General CAH Forum Connect with others that are interested in congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Any topics related to CAH may be posted here.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-12, 12:20 AM
jmorrrow jmorrrow is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by louisev View Post
you should have been screened for CAH prior to undertaking any hormone therapy for transition to male. It doesn't mean you can't transition to male - but in CAH treatment with male hormones is like throwing gasoline on a fire. You should get tested for CAH. For the protocols look up Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, and seek the services of a reputable endocrinologist. I can make a couple of suggestions, but the best place to get the best help is the National Institutes of Health. I have contact info there and that is where I am going for further investigation of the rare form I have.

I'm the UK but thanks for the help. Yes I have been thinking that I should book a doctor appointment as soon as possible. I did have blood tests to measure my hormones i have no clue what the results are just that I was able to start on male hormones. What my doctor describe is 100mgs of testosterone which is lower it seems compared to others.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 PM.

Powered by the intersex community
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Images and Content Copyright © 2002-2011 Bodies Like Ours