Intersex Community Forums | Bodies Like Ours  

Go Back   Intersex Community Forums | Bodies Like Ours > Speak Your Mind > Speak Your Mind

Speak Your Mind Use this space for non-support issues and stuff unrelated to intersex issues. The opinions expressed here belong solely to the author and do not represent the opinions of Bodies Like Ours.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-12, 10:04 AM
CC's Avatar
CC CC is offline
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 378
Originally Posted by Aseras View Post
While a normal TS person can often find a doctor to simply prescribe hormones or sign off on getting documents straightened out, for an intersex person this isn't as easy. Just taking hormones can make an intersex person incredibly sick or kill depending on their condition. A normal endo may ( won't ) not suffice and most TS friendly doctors are not going to have the experience to truly care for a "real" intersex individual.
I can only speak for myself Aseras and say what you've described above has not been my experience,you see my endocrinologist as well as treating transgendered people also treats intersex people,people with metabolic illnesses,bone disease,diabetes and so forth,indeed I'd say he has a fairly good grasp of the entire endocrine system and treats the person first regardless of who/what they are.What you wrote above seems to suggest you had a bad experience.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 AM.

Powered by the intersex community
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Images and Content Copyright © 2002-2011 Bodies Like Ours