Intersex Community Forums | Bodies Like Ours  

Go Back   Intersex Community Forums | Bodies Like Ours > Announcements > Research and Announcements

Research and Announcements Please post any request for guinea pigs, or third-party announcements here. Requests and announcements posted elsewhere in these forums will be deleted.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-03, 10:38 PM
Gadabout

Why this section is here

Friends,

As Bodies grows, we receive more and more requests from people undertaking research. While I regard most with caution, I also understand that much is quite valid, particularly if it is part of a graduate thesis or dissertation.

Despite my personal distaste for being "studied further", I also recognize the value that legitimate research does and how it helps to further our agenda of acceptance without surgical alteration. A quick read of the recent studies by Berenbaum, and Creighton/Minto proves that.

However, I think that allowing research requests into the general posting area can be disruptive and not always appreciated despite the intentions of the original request. With that in mind, I have created this space for research requests, announcements about external endeavors by other organizations, and the like. That way, you---our members---can choose to read and perhaps participate or you can simply ignore the post.

Posting is open to all, so if you have issues with requests, feel free to post and respond as you see fit.

Betsy